Community Meeting #3 – Oct. 12, 2023
Final Plan Presentation Slides
Project Summary Handout – Fall 2023
A community visioning process for the future of Lake Springfield included public engagement events, a presentation tour and a city-wide survey.
The community engagement process gathered input on what the community sees for this area of Lake Springfield. Residents, neighbors, business owners, developers, schools, parks, non-profit agencies and more collectively took part in identifying the areas of opportunity and concern in the area. This process helped the team zero in on a list of specific goals for the project to achieve.
Lake Springfield Plan Kickoff Event
Lake Springfield Plan Residents Meeting
Final Proposed Plan
- PowerPoint presentation of the proposed final plan from the Oct. 12 Public Meeting (PDF)
- Project Summary Handout – Fall, 2023
- View Lake Springfield Plan recommendationsAfter three public input meetings and numerous engagements with various stakeholder groups, the public had the first opportunity to view the recommended options for the as-of-yet unfunded redevelopment plan for the Lake Springfield area on Oct. 12, 2023. Lake Springfield was identified as a redevelopment opportunity area during the City’s Forward SGF comprehensive planning process.
- Complete second Lake Springfield Plan public input survey by May 22More than 300 people interested in the future of Lake Springfield attended the second public engagement meeting at the Lake…
- Public kickoff for Lake Springfield Plan draws large crowdNearly 100 residents turned out for the first Lake Springfield Plan Public Information & Input meeting Nov. 17. The event…
- More than 100 residents gatherMore than 100 people living near Springfield Lake Park and the James River Power Plant gathered Oct. 12 to learn…
- City, CU select firm to plan future of Lake Springfield areaAfter a competitive procurement process, the City of Springfield and City Utilities have selected engineering and consulting firm Crawford, Murphy…